Monday, August 13, 2007

First Rendering

Preow world!

I was recently introduced to a well developed computer program called: Inkscape. I absolutely love it! It meets my tight-wad budget standards because it's FREE! Aside from this, it offers powerful rendering tools that are normally only found in expensive illustration programs.

I have been around the art scene for a good portion of my life. My pre-inkscape experience include working with pastels (oil and soft), watercolours, sketching, and ink. Inkscape is a new, exciting, yet challenging medium for me. I have much to learn, but I'm ecstatic to see what creations come from this

Here is my first rendering. It took me about 25 minutes to create.


If you'd like to dabble in this medium I suggest downloading the free software from inkscape's website: http://www.inkscape.org/

No comments: